My Favorite Breakfast Items: Healthy (and pretty) Smoothie REcipes & more...
Not seeing the results you'd like to? It might be because your body is in starvation mode!!
You MUST eat !!
YES, carbs can be your friend too. Rolled oats for the win!! Your breakfast does not have to be sugar packed. Avoid this by making it yourself.
It doesnt have to be complicated.
Basic Rolled Oats and Berries Recipe:
1. Bring water to a boil in small pot, stir in your oats (rolled or steel cut). 1/2 cup of oats to 3 cups of water 2. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook oats until soft, 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 3. If all the liquid has reduced before your oats are tender, stir in a bit more water or almond milk and continue to cook. 4. Add a few sprinkles of cinnamon, a pinch of himalayan rock salt, and tsp of coconut oil. 5. Pour into a bowl and stir in strawberries. No sugar needed ! Enjoy !
Morning madness means you NEED to simply things. This is why, always without fail, I have a smoothie every single Morning. It's fast, it's healthy, and it gets the job done !!
This is a very berry Smoothie and I decide to add organic greek yogurt which I never do because I try to avoid most dairy, but sometimes I really need to add that extra protein with an awesome creamy, zingy taste.
Heres the recipe:
*I always use a Nutribullet to blend! It's my favorite thing ever and I just recently upgraded to a Nutribullet RX: it's so worth the investment - it makes the smoothies sooooo much better - see it here:
- Handful of Blueberries
- 7 large Strawberries
- 3 tbsps of greek yogurt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 raw beet (buy them already ringlet version)
- 1 scoop of Strawberry Shakeology
- 4 pineapple chunks
Blend away and enjoy ! Cute mason jar cup always helps ! Love a cute CUPPIE or mug! Share your mugs with me - tag me!!
Sometimes...I'll have ice cream for breakfast. Yes, you read that right ! A healthy version that is ;-)
Pretty Pink Ice Cream/Smoothie:
- Frozen Bananas
- One scoop Strawberry Shakeology
- Few splashes Almond Milk
- Raw Beet
*Blend together until you get the consistency you want! The less of the milk you use, the more it'll be like an ice cream texture. If you use more almond milk, it will be like a smoothie.
Next up....Healthy Banana Chocolate Pudding! Basically, a smoothie in a bowl !
- 1 cup Frozen bananas - 1 tbsp Chocolate chips - Splash Almond milk - Chocolate Shakeology - Chocolate peanut butter protein powder - Ice
Blend and top with a broken up chocolate almond beach bar and banana ! Protein packed bowl! YUM
Along with smoothies and bowls, I always love a pretty parfait !
Smoothie Parfait Recipe:
- Handful of strawberries - 1/4 Raw beet - 3 tbsp Greek yogurt - One small orange - One Kiwi - Handful raspberries - Coconut shreds - Splash of almond milk - Half cup coconut water - Half a Frozen banana - One scoop of strawberry Shakeology - Ice.
But really, sharing my morning smoothies has become my new favorite part of my day! Thank you Fit Fam for constantly inspiring me! I always love hearing your feedback and what you loving seeing on a day to day basis ! So please let me know when there's a post that you love !! or if you're wanting to see something else!! My number one goal has always been to share my top tips, inspire, motivate, and add value to your life every single day as best I know how :)
This smoothie was a funky one! ;-)Split Personalities: The Yellow Smoothie:
- Half of a frozen banana - Quarter cup of oats - Two slices of mango - Three chunks of pineapple - A splash of almond milk
The Pink Smoothie:
- A quarter of a raw beet - Quarter cup of strawberries - Handful of blueberries and raspberries - One scoop of strawberry Shakeology - Quarter cup of almond milk - add more if needed
Topped with some coconut chunks and flakes! <3 Make it a fantastic week! Cheers !! :-)
And of course the classic. Scrambled eggs. Spinach. Garlic and HOT SAUCE! My favorite protein mix in the morning when time permits! With a tall glass of water!