What do you eat after a workout?
I get asked this question a lot! I used to suggest a high protein meal - WHY?
Protein is made up of amino acids, which act like building blocks for the body. When you eat protein after an activity, it gives your muscles the amino acids necessary to repair and rebuild.
And why is this important? Well, repetitive muscle contractions from jumping, running, and other forms of exercise can break down muscle cells and cause damage to the muscles in your arms, legs, and the rest of your body.
Taking in adequate protein after exercise helps reverse damage, build muscle, and get you ready for the next tough workout.
As it goes, some people actually workout on their lunch break or in the evening and it's just too late or not enough healthy grab and go options to get on with their daily lives.....
Because of these situations, I've been recommending RECOVER to all of my clients who really workout heavy, hard and break a big sweat during their workouts!
If you would like more info on this supplement and the amazing benefits of using it vs things you'll find on your local grocery shelf...please click on the photo below and it will bring you over to my favorite supplement page. There is a tone of information out there on the web about it but I'll go ahead into greater explanation here (below photo).......
When you're too sore from your workouts, it's that much harder to stick with your program consistently. But when you reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness and improve muscle strength recovery, you can come back from your workout faster—and you can hit the next one that much harder.
Faster recovery helps you get back to working out, and that's why you must take in the proper nutrients after every workout. The 20g of protein and phytonutrients in Recover help maximize critical post-workout opportunity to help reduce muscle breakdown, support muscle protein synthesis, fight exercise-induced muscle soreness, and jump-start your body's natural rebuilding process so you can come back stronger tomorrow.
The key ingredients in Recover post-workout formula are scientifically shown to help:* • Speed muscle recovery • Combat exercise-induced muscle soreness • Reduce muscle breakdown • Promote muscle protein synthesis • Improve adaptation to exercise • Improve muscle strength recovery • Support muscle glycogen recovery
Why is Recover better than other post-workout products?*
• Way more effective than a simple protein powder, Recover uses key ingredients scientifically shown to help speed muscle recovery, reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness, and improve muscle strength recovery. It provides your muscles with a rapid and sustained supply of nutrients when your workout is over, to help boost your recovery to get you ready to crush your next workout.
• Key phytonutrients help muscle recovery, reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness, and speed muscle strength recovery.
• Recover contains functional ingredients that have been scientifically shown to work. Other products include gimmicky ingredients at insignificant levels with no evidence that they work.
• Key ingredients are included at their clinically established effective levels.
• No synthetic colors and no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
For a full list of the ingredients, click below
Download • 683KB